1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball thread No. 8 - play nice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Re: Insult-free baseball thread VIII

White Sox get MacDougal from KC for two minor leaguers.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

It's truly an honor, sir. I don't know if these are tears from laughter or tears from 24 years of sorrow.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would love to see the Sox make that trade, then miss the playoffs. It's only right.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm a twins fan and i was shocked to hear tim kurkjian on friday (or saturday?) night sound convinced that soriano would end up in minny. figures he'd be wrong. terry ryan has never had the guts to pull off a good deadline deal except maybe the shannon stewart-bobby kielty trade a few years back.

5. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

hurst was indeed going to be the mvp in 1986.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I know you're joking, but it'll be Nevin, Walker (unless he gets dealt) and Mabry. Of course, the Tribune has been saying for weeks Nevin is on the verge of being released. Yet he's still on the team.

7. Hank_Scorpio

From mlbtraderumors.com: The dreaded "health reason" forces Sanchez to be scratched. Deal imminent?

Humberto Sanchez Scratched
    Looks like Tigers prospect Humberto Sanchez has been scratched from tonight's start for the Mud Hens.

Maybe it really is this vague "health reason," or maybe a deal is in the works.  According to the Boston Globe a few days ago, Sanchez was being scouted by the Nationals, Twins, Diamondbacks, and Pirates last Wednesday.

8. Hank_Scorpio

A lot of Sox fans think it's a ploy by Kenny Williams to drive up the cost of Soriano. Sox' top pitching prospect Brandon McCarthy is rumored to be the key player going to the Nats.

But most fans on the White Sox board don't think this is happening.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

What's Kurkjian's percentage on nailing trade rumors?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I kind of thought that, too. Makes sense.

11. Hank_Scorpio

On the Fox postgame show Saturday, they commented that Soriano was likely headed to the AL Central.

Then on the postgame show, Kevin Kennedy said that he thought Soriano would be traded, but that he wasn't so sure it would be to the AL Central.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Can't always assume being scratched from the lineup means a guy is being traded. That was the rumor when the D-Rays yanked Julio Lugo early Saturday and sat him Sunday. Now it turns out he's hurt and missed the game tonight, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted