1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball thread No. 8 - play nice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

How come nobody links his name with steroids? I'll bet he's as guilty as anyone.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't know, maybe because there's no link?

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Ricky don't need no steroids. Ricky's magic is all natural. Ricky can't believe y'all callin him a cheater.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Rickey's just bein' Rickey.

5. viamsp

viamsp Member

Tonight's exactly why I'm worried about Wagner in the playoffs -- he gives up home runs. And on top of that, he's been spotty in big games.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And you should be worried.

/bitter phanboy

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Your boy!

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

he's all grows up and he's all grows up and he's all grows up...

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

SportsCenter just showed the Reds' bullpen collapse in their 10-4 loss, but it really wasn't the pen's fault tonight.

Freel's error hurt, but even then Coffey got his double play ball. And even though the throw took Hatteberg off the base, he recovered in time and beat the runner by a full step. The ump blew the call, a call even Don Denkinger would have gotten right.

Not an excuse because good teams overcome mistakes like that, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Dmitri Young will DH for the six-to-eight games it will take before he pulls another gluteus maxiumus muscle sliding head-first into the buffet table.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Funny.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

I've been reminded of a Blue Jays-White Sox series at Comiskey in 1985 when George Bell, on three consecutive days, put two balls onto or over the roof in left field and another one into the centre field bleachers. All three bombs may have been close to or surpassed 500 feet. The only other guys to ever reach both the roof and the CF bleachers in that place were Jimmie Foxx and Hank Greenberg, but I don't think they did it a day apart. It was the greatest sustained display of power I've ever seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted