1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball thread No. 8 - play nice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 23, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

He wasn't the only one to hurl insults, but it always seems as if the baseball thread falls apart when the Rube enters.

So anyway. Here's a new baseball thread. Be nice to one another (but not Derrick Turnbow), even if the drooling Rube stumbles in here.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Re: Insult-free baseball thread VIII

That is no way to talk about Derrick FUCKING Turnbow.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

hahaha I knew as soon as I saw the Pope's post that it would involve Turnbow.

I think it's OK to insult ballplayers. Just try to avoid insulting fellow posters, even the rubes.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'd just like to say how happy I am that the Braves did not extend their losing streak to three games last night. :D

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Good luck with the insult free part. As the one who started the last one, I can tell you my intentions were pure. But alas, this is an arena rife with nastiness. Which when you're talking about bullpens, is inevitable. Might as well call it a sans-bullpen discussion baseball thread.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

Good. Because as long as I live, I will not forgive Turnbow for this. In a year where the NL wildcard is up for grabs, Turnbow has cost them any realistic shot of nabbing it. Not only has he blown four saves, but he has dealt a major blow to the pysche of a good, young team. No lead is safe and they cannot have any faith in their bullpen to hold a late lead. And if they are anything like me, they are expecting bad things to happen now. Right now, I would accept pretty much any trade offer for Turnbow. When the Crew sends Lee packing to a team deserving of his services (and I hope Lee is traded because his value will never be higher and his performance this season screams "CONTRACT YEAR!") I hope Doug Melvin forces that team to take Turnbow, if only for my sanity.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

Hey, come on. The Braves have done absolutely nothing about the shoddy middle relief taken advantage of the Indians again to come up with an alleged closer.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

I'll trade you Derrick Turnbow and Danny Kolb.....for just about anything. How about Turnbow and Kolb for three rosin bags, a shattered bat and Leo Mazzone's old jockstrap?

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Best part of the Wickman trade: Once again, the No. 26 is holy and isn't being worn by that fat fuck.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey you stupid no-good lazy no-novelist writing fuck, I said this was a thread free of insults directed at POSTERS, not PLAYERS.

Assbandit. :D

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Are you crazy? I wouldn't take Kolb for a sack of marbles, a dead fruit bat and one of my old jockstraps! He was in Atlanta last year, remember?

12. PopeDirkBenedict

I was hoping you had forgotten. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted