1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball thread No. 7: Somebody slip the pinstripers a Mickey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

So does this increase Hamilton's OBP? :D

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

His BABIP is going through the roof.

3. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Yes. The photos clearly show that his Oggling Breast Potential is currently at an all-time high.

In all seriousness, it appears *some* attempt to contact Hamilton was made, as well as contact to the Rangers and his personal coach/mentor, all of which was done this week, giving Hamilton a chance to explain. I'm guessing they received the photos quite some time ago and only recently were able to, the best of their knowledge, verify them.

Of course he fell off the wagon. He'll likely fall off several more times. The recovery rate for the type of an addict he is is very, very, very low.

The argument that the photos aren't news, but merely an invasion of privacy, is probably going to be one we'll hear an awful lot in the coming days. Not sure where I stand on it. On the one hand, he's a public figure who has likely made several hundred thousand dollars going around giving speeches about his story. On the other hand, this has nothing to do with baseball.

Would love to see a civil discourse about the coverage that doesn't turn into a sliming of Deadspin, which is, at its core, still a very funny sports blog.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

And Deadspin gets a mention in the AP story:

5. Football_Bat

If Hamilton is distracted by the hubbub, he's not showing it. He just lined a one-hopper to right center for a double and scored on Blalock's bomb.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Christ, I hate Tim McCarver.

7. Football_Bat

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nice work McCarver.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

A-Rod fessed up, gave details that were later verified by reporters working to break news on the story. Papi's said he's going to get the bottom of this, then I'm sure he's going to help O.J. search for the real killers.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Please say it out loud. Please. Please. Last thing I need is THIS. :D

11. Football_Bat

CC through 5 now. Walked Papi in the 5th but still nothing for the Sox.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If there's a zero tolerance policy, why is he still on the team?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.