1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Hanging breaking ball = 3-2-3 DP for the biggest douchesnozzle in baseball.

Good stuff.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Milton Bradley has reportedly left the ballpark after a fight with Piniella.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Any link yet?

All I know is that Milton Bradley is the gift that keeps on giving, especially on a slow sports day.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I have no personal knowledge of this, just what I heard sort of watching the game on Boom's couch. Maybe it was a dream.

Does TMZ have anything on it?

5. Hammer Pants

What could the Cubs do, in theory, about Bradley? They have to keep him on the 25-man, I'm sure. They can't DFA him, can they? Interesting situation, to say the least. But it will be a looooooong summer for him at Wrigley, if that's true.

6. Bubbler

I just want this to be true because it's a slow news day. C'mon Milton, flake out, you know you have it in you.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

It's only a matter of time.

8. Bubbler

Yay! It's mentioned in the AP story!

9. Hammer Pants

Piniella in the postgame presser (and I might be slightly paraphrasing here): "I'm not into disciplining, I'm really not. I'll put him in the lineup tomorrow, and we'll go from there."

Said he told Bradley to take a shower and go home. Said it was his decision. Interesting.

10. Hammer Pants

Judging by Lou's presser, plenty of good stuff should be hitting the wire pretty soon.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'd like to applaud Trey Hillman's decision to start Tony Pena Jr. Just the jolt a shitty offense needed... a 0.90 hitter. And starting him in an NL park? Further genius!

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dear Trey Hillman:

Thanks for leaving Gil Meche in to throw 198 pitches against the Diamondbacks two starts ago. As you can see by how the Cardinals and the Pirates--the dog-ass Pirates--have tattooed Meche the last two times out, it didn't bother him at all. Thank you so much for fucking my fantasy team. EAD.

Not sincerely yours,
    BYH

CC: spnited, outofplace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.