1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 4 - That's the second baseman if you are scoring at home

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

ESPN showed a graphic and video that baseball's the oldest to have repeaters in the Series... 77, 78 bums/yanks.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

tee hee.

Having a little fun here, so hi OOP!, but can you imagine the shitstorm from the capologists if the Yankees played the Mets in the World Series twice in a row?

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Paul Konerko

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Mike Lowell?

Jose Molina?

Jorge Posada?

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It would be unbearable, except that would also mean back-to-back Yankees World Series titles, so I think I could handle it.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Molina and Posada are so slow that running at all causes their hamstrings and quads to rupture.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So Randy Johnson got win No. 299 tonight. Will anyone else hit 300 before 2020?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's going for no. 300 next Wednesday in DC (which means he'll get it). Who's up for a impromptu SJ outing? I'm serious. (Well, at least until the morning, when I figure out if I can go or not)

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I hope he throws his back out getting out of bed tomorrow morning and never gets 300.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Who would have thought the three best chances for that to happen are Halladay, Oswalt and.....Mark Buehrle

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Agreed.

That douche (and others) made it so Carlos Beltran doesn't play for my favorite team. Then Johnson was a POS in New York.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Stop it. Beltran woudl have played for the Yankees if he wanted to, b/c they could have outbid anyone for him. He just didn't want the pressure of being The Man for the Yankees. Easier to be the second-best player on the second-best team.

Beltran doesn't play for your favorite team b/c he's soft and he didn't want to. Hate him, not Johnson or the other guys you reference but do not mention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.