1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 4 - That's the second baseman if you are scoring at home

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Them thar wheels are falling off for the Rays again, and yet they're still a big inning away from taking the lead since it's 10-7 Cleveland in the bottom of the fifth.

Whoops, make that 12-7, another bombs for the Tribe.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Rays are fucked. Isringhausen's in.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Chien-Ming Wang lowers his ERA to 20.45 with two scoreless innings tonight. Way to go Wang!

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Do any position players in baseball run slower then Bengie Molina?

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I believe you have the Yanks and Sox confused, because that's the shit that almost ALWAYS happens to the boys from Beantown. For example, they face some new guy tomorrow, you watch what happens.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Also: Jordan Schafer wears his hat like a dickhead.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Actually, I've noticed it happens to both teams. It's very strange.

By the way, there is a tie atop the East now, correct?

Hi BYH!

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

i think so. I hadn't looked at the standings yet.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The Red Sox have played more games than the Yankees, so they might be percentage points ahead. But I think they are tied as far as the standings go.

I'm pretty pleased with the Yankees taking two in Texas. The Rangers have a good offense and better pitching than in recent memory.

Plus, it gets the Texas trip out of the way when it isn't 4,000 degrees outside. So, that is good.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's early. Come talk to me in October, after that pinball park costs the Yankees a playoff berth.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

If you're going to gloat when they are in fourth early in the year, I get to gloat when they get hot and move into a tie for first place.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good point.

Hey, it sure is good that the NHL has a salary cap. I'd hate to see the same two teams playing in the Stanley Cup two straight years. That should only happen in baseball. [/nostalgia]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.