1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 4 - That's the second baseman if you are scoring at home

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

It's really sad, indeed. Ortiz keeps reassuring Boston brass and fans that he is not done, etc. I don't know if I can believe that anymore, though.

He is hitting under .200, isn't getting on base and has one home run.

The Sox have to make a move and soon. Luckily, the Sox offense is doing fine without him and have scored 248 runs this season which is fifth in the majors.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You know Theo is dying to deal him to Texas to make up for that Gagne trade.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Isn't Gary Sheffield 300 years old?

4. topsheep

topsheep Member

I was looking at a Phillies player at-bat right now and thought he was Jim Eisenreich.

5. Moderator1

Rob Dibble is hammering the Nats' pitching, the pitching coach AND the manager right now. He's not far off on any of his comments - interesting to see if the team reacts.
    First and third, one out. Sheffield up. He said work around him. Walk him if you have to, better to face Murphy with them loaded than a cleanup hitter with two on and one out, particularly Sheffield. So Sheff rips a double (to give Santana a 2-0 lead) and Dibble goes OFF.
    Power to him. He cheers a bit too much for my tastes and can get a little goofy. He'll also "bring the heat" when needed and I respect that. His analysis is good. I can put up with the other stuff to a degree.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Who are you and what have you done with Moddy?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The Nice Small-Market Starter has 7 Ks through three.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I assume this youngster for the Rangers will throw a 3-hit shutout against the Yankees, since they always seem to struggle with young kids they've never seen before.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Or Teixeira will hit a towering 2-run homer to left.

He has 12 home runs this month. Not too shabby.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

He has completely lost it in the fourth, though. Tie game, now has 5 walks and just walked in a run.

Strange.

11. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Once April is over, he gets going. Always has slow starts. I hate that he's a Yankee, because it's frustrating having a Yankee I want to see do well. But that's life.

12. Moderator1

Another homer replay check in NY - this time NO home run called on the field and Sheffield thrown out at the plate.
    I'm betting it is overruled and called a home run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.