1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 4 - That's the second baseman if you are scoring at home

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

So the Cardinals have more fans than the Braves. Whoopee!

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah...that's it...that's what that was! I just changed it because...um...well, I figured very few people here would get it. Yeah, that story works... I mean...ah shit.

I am truly surprised nobody commented on that sooner since it took me so long to notice the error. No inside joke, though I guess I could have tried to turn it into a Wlat-type thing (hi BYM!). Just a bit of sloppiness brought on by my post-Stanley Cup fanboy giddiness.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I before R except when you've gone 17 seasons without a winning record

4. outofplace

Ha. I'll have to remember to change it back to Priates once they clinch consecutive non-winning season No. 17 in a couple of months.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Wabbits are quaking in their spikes.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Safe to say you can just go ahead and do it now.

Unless Matt Clement bails on Butler HS and comes back to pitch for the Pirates four days a week. [/tying it all together very nicely]

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And yesterday the Rays got a silver lining to Zobrist being good for most of the season: Iwamura only suffered a partial ACL tear, so the doctor only had to 'scope his knee to repair the torn meniscus. He could return within 6 to 8 weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?num=0&id=4279581

Even so, Chris Coghlan needs to get beaned this weekend.

Somebody needs to be fired for sending BJ Upton home on a short fly to left field.

Especially since the Rays ended up scoring five runs in the bottom of the 8th. Could've had six.

After last night's traveshamockery, it's nice to see the St. Pete bats bounce back.

8. outofplace

Marmol showing Cubs fans why they should stop rooting for bad things to happen to Gregg. Plan B ain't much better.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Berkman just pulled his best impression of Bill Buckner. Oh, boy.

Tough break for Valverde. Fly ball to deep center and obstructed from the umpire's view near the left field porch. Originally called an out and a double play as the runner on first started running. Now they are calling it a single.

Somewhere Oz and DD are sweating bullets.

EDIT: And blown save for Valverde.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Twins own Brewers for four games and 7 2/3 innings, then throw the ball around the lot like Little Leaguers and lose.

With two out and nobody on in the eighth, JJ Hardy singles. Jason Kendall hits double off left-center field wall. Throw gets away at home, and as Kendall heads toward third, pitcher Nick Blackburn backs up the play and then throws the ball down the leftfield line. Kendall scores winning run on a two-error play.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hey Tony, I did see that play happen tonight at my son's Little League game! (a 28-20 walkathon/slugfest). Of course, 9 and 10-year-old kids are paid a bit less than big leaguers, so we'll let those throwing errors slide, I guess. :)

Speaking of offense, how 'bout those White Sox, busting out for 10 runs against Los Dodgers? That's like one week's worth of runs for the South Siders!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.