1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 4 - That's the second baseman if you are scoring at home

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

With the AL's best record through 70 games?

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Twins DFA'd Luis Ayala, so maybe the Mets can bring him back for old times' sake.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Teixeira last 11 games =.214 (9 for 42). 1 HR, 4 RBI. No HR in 9 gmaes

Teixeira hit his 20th in team's 61st game. In 2007, A-Rod his 20th in 54th game.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Looks like Brandon Webb is going to need season-ending shoulder surgery after initial tests in April showed no structural damage.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/2009/06/23/20090623dbackswebb0624.html

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I got that tidbit from Chip Caray. Fucker.

6. outofplace

Isn't their actual payroll for this season less or about the same as it was in '08?

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Bad news from Kansas City -- Coco Crisp will undergo season-ending surgery today after an examination Monday confirmed a torn labrum.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1271450.html

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Now THAT'S comedy!!

And lay off Clement. He's got to be a pretty good guy if he's willing to coach boys hoops a year or two removed from making $10 mil.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. outofplace

Glad somebody got a laugh out of that one.

I made fun of the story, but I agree with you regarding Clement. It is cool that rather than think he is too good for his hometown, he has decided to go back and coach there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

National League ASG voters once again showing serious brainpower. Yadier Molina over Brian McCann! Awesome!

THIS TIME IT COUNTS!

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

BTW, oop I noticed you fixed the spelling of Pirates. I really thought Priates was some kind of inside Pittsburgh joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.