1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 3 - The Jody Reed Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What's it gonna take for this team to get better, besides A-Rod's return? 0-5 against the Sawx, and it's only gonna get worse methinks.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Has anyone mentioned lately how badly Scot Shields sucks? He's got to go, doesn't he?

3. KP

KP Active Member

I thought it was in the Bronx.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Royals showing a bunch of fight. Just completed a sweet 8-7 win over the White Sox in 11... John Buck with an RBI single.

Happiness is a dejected Hawk Harrelson.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Who was the losing pitcher?

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Uncle Buck! Guy had an awful night at the plate but came through when it mattered.

And how about Jacobs' homer? Estimated at 440 feet I heard.

7. KP

KP Active Member

Solid.

8. doubledown68

Broadway

Also, what'd you think of the renovated stadium?

9. doubledown68

They need to remeasure that one. Don't know if you've been out to the stadium yet this year, but the ball landed on that concourse behind the batters eye, and somewhere in front of the scoreboard... one of the longest balls I've ever seen hit period, much less at the K.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

The Sox are finished. Ramirez and Quentin aren't coming anywhere close to replicating last year's success and the pitching is very shaky behind Buehrle and Danks. Contreras sucks, Colon can only do so much and Floyd will be lucky to finish the season with a sub-.500 ERA. No way the team should have signed him for four years in the offseason.

Stadium was awesome, pretty much the exact opposite of the Sox performance during the game. I'm actually surprised they managed six hits off Greinke. Only drawback was that our bleacher seats were right in front of the scoreboard, so we couldn't watch it during the game.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Someone want to explain to me the appeal of playing Miguel Olivo over John Buck as much as the Royals have? Is it just that Hillman wants to save Buck for the end of the season?

EDIT: Olivo only has one more at-bat, but it seems like he's been overtaken in talent at the position.

12. doubledown68

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, the game notwithstanding. Next time I'm back, i'll get out to the bleachers... and that scoreboard is an entity unto itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.