1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball should either put up or shut up

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, May 3, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm out of breath? Didn't know that.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I am, but I think that's because I just had to chase the cat after she got out.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not out of breath...but not jumping to conclusions, either. Maybe it's the journalist in me, waiting to actually have some information before I jump.

But you keep hoping the facts come out to match what you hope the reality is. And keep on calling the evidence against Bonds flimsy, then putting all your hopes on some clubhouse guy who is in trouble with the law.

4. Good use of a football metaphor. ::)

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

They were illegal in this country long before that ...

6. creamora

creamora Member

The evidence against Bonds is flimsy, period. As bad as they want to take him down, both the feds and baseball, they haven't been able to do it yet. Have they? If the evidence was so ironclad and the two Chronicle fabricators would have you belive, Bonds would have been indicted already. If my aunt would have had balls, she would have been my uncle. Beyond a reasonable doubt is a high standard. They can either meet that standard or thay cannot. After more than three years, do ya think they've got the evidence to meet it? Woulda, coulda, shoulda my ass. Either bring it or shut up. If you've got the evidence, then what are you waitin' for?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once again, you demonstrate your inability to actually read the responses of others on this board. You just keep on ranting.

My point was if you are going to argue that the evidence against Bonds is flimsy, how can you put so much credibility in the word of one clubhouse guy? And let's not forget, this is a guy motivated to keep himself out of trouble by pointing the finger at others.

Sorry, you can't do both and make an argument worth being taken seriously. Then again, I doubt many of us are taking you seriously as it is. Me? I just like to argue. :)

8. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

[​IMG]

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

cream, Can you explain to me again, the benefits of a flaxseed oil and zinc regimen? With feeling, please.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Here's what I want to understand from creamora, seriously:

Is it that you think Bonds did nothing wrong, but other players are guilty...or Bonds is guilty but so is everyone else...or no one is guilty, this is all a joke.

And by 'guilty,' I mean taking drugs in some form that were illegal by federal law at that time, and are now banned by MLB.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think I read the responses. Still have one problem.

Present the smoking gun. If you don't have the smoking gun, I don't want to hear that so-and-so knows this and that happened. I want the smoking gun.

12. creamora

creamora Member

outofplace,

I never said that one clubhouse guy had credibility. The feds made a lot of mistakes the first time around. Evidently, they've learned a few things and have approached Radomski case in a much different manner than before. They conducted a very low key raid this time instead of informing the media in advance to get themselves high profile publicity. They were abe to roll Radomski and turn him into their lil' bitch. They have worked him undercover for eighteen months. They have likely collected some very good evidence that will be used against many people. Radomski has already testified and plead guilty. This is all much different than the first time around. We will all find out soon what evidence they have and what actions they will take and against whom. George Mitchell will also get access to all of the fruits of this long undercover investigation by the feds. I believe that baseball is going to be exposed for having enabled rampant drug use for many years. There will likely be huge names invloved and lots of explosive headlines. Like I've said before, strap on your seatbelts because the second half is going to be huge. The previous mistakes may have been costly, but the lessons learned my pay big dividends.

Draft saved Draft deleted