1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball reporter is killing it on Jeopardy!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Trampoline is an Olympic sport?! Wow.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That would have been a VERY good game for me, though not the final . . . and I recall seeing a trampoline feature on the boob tube in relation to this, within the past two weeks. But I wouldn't -- and didn't -- come up with the right answer in the half-minute alloted, last night.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Yet baseball and softball aren't. Shows you how F'd up the IOC is. :)

Seriously, I don't call trampoline a sport as much as it's a recreational activity. I can see where they would have gotten tripped up. Good for Andy, though! Pretty decent run...

4. JPsT

JPsT Member

For whatever reason, I also guessed judo.

5. Duh... Jimmy Kimmel is one of the judges for the female event.

Oh wait.. that was the Man Show.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I would have gotten trampoline right. Honestly, it's probably just a question of whether you've seen the trampoline competition in the Olympics. I have, so it's a pretty easy answer. If you haven't, it's not something you'd ever think of.

Draft saved Draft deleted