1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball possibly bans ball-collecting freak...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MCEchan36, Dec 14, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

On the night Nolan Ryan got his 300th win in Milwaukee, I corralled a foul ball -- off the bat of Robin Yount, no less. Now being the nice guy I am, I kind of forgot about the significance of a ball from this game and gave it to a group of young kids. Then two innings later I look down and notice these kids already have about three or four balls. What a fool I was.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

A few years ago I got foul balls at Spring Training on consecutive days, both at Tempe Diablo park watching the Angels. Day one, Troy Glaus fouled it right to where I was sitting and it bounced to my seat. Day two, they were playing the Cubs -- I took my then 6-year old son up to get an ice cream, and while we were standing in line my boy was hit by a Todd Hollandsworth foul.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I've caught two foul balls, one a screaming line drive off the bat of Dan Wilson that went straight into my glove (I was 13). It was a blur, I have no fucking idea how I caught it. It should've killed me.

The second one was a Magglio Ordonez foul ball that deflected off someone's hands and went right into mine. I was about 22 so it wasn't so cool. I gave it to a kid, like anyone who catches their second foul ball should.

Those are cool memories, though.

By the way, I can count at least three other times where a foul ball hit off my hands before going to someone else. I've gone to about 12 games a year for the last 15 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted