1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball outing in Buffalo end of July.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jan 13, 2011.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Re: Baseball outing in Buffalo?

That's awesome, FJ, I was hoping patchs might show up. I could use a new name tag. :D

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

First time I drove to Detroit headed for East Lansing via London, a storm blew in. One of the scariest nighttime drives of my life.

I've always enjoyed Buffalo. You fellas hoist several for those of us that can't make it.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Maybe we could do T-shirts. Or just get the thongs.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Very probable. Let's drink like college freshmen.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

As it stands now, HC & I are only planning to go to the Saturday game.

We may take the day off and come in on Friday, do some sightseeing, go to the Albright-Knox, do a tour of some of the Frank Lloyd Wright houses, do some shopping

Wouldn't mind doing breakfast/brunch at this place which was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

http://www.curtinrestaurants.com/lake-effect-diner.html

It'd be kinda cool if we could all stay in the same hotel. Only Buffalo hotel we\ve stayed at is the Adams Mark which is perfectly OK. Hotwire may end up being the final arbiter though

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That works.

Dr. J was fun to drink with, hope y'all get to come.

As far as a hotel, I'm just gonna go with the Hotwire/Priceline special. I'm seeing everything at $150/night -- really, do that many people go to Buffalo in the summer?

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The Adams Mark runs about $179 but we might be able to get a group rate once we have some idea how many people are coming and will need rooms. The hotel is comfy, clean and walking distance from the ballpark AND a great brew pub.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Eddie Brady's is a great place to drink. I wish it were my pub.

9. farmerjerome

Let me know what night is best for everyone. I thought about it more, and I think I'd prefer Friday night but it really doesn't matter.

If we could get a group rate on a hotel too that would be great. Like I said, I'm on vacation that week so I'm just happy to see everyone again.

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Think most of the folks traveling in are aiming at Saturday's game, but there are a few getting into town on Friday. Haven't heard too much interest in Sunday. But like I said, I'll get tix for whichever games people want.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Man, I wish I could be there but we are flying home from the OC on the Saturday. Have a beef on weck, some hot wings and a Genny Cream Ale for me!

12. farmerjerome

I will never have a Genny Cream Ale for anyone. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted