1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball 'MythBusters'!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jgmacg, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Replay just started.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

damn, missed it... mmmm kari

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Those pictures don't even do her justice -- she has this natural beauty, the good cute/hot combo, and she's smart. If I weren't 10 days from marrying a doctor who can probably access this computer, ahem, I'd agree with Ty that Kari's the hottest science dork ever. :)

Some of the stuff was hampered by the fact that they don't know anything about baseball (which you can't blame them for -- they're busy knowing everything about a bunch of other cool stuff). Like, who tries to steal second by going in standing up and dead-stopping at the bag? Sounds like a great way to blow out your knees, for one thing.

My favorite part was when Jamie said the cannon fired the ball at 80 mph, "which, as it happens, is about the speed of a Roger Clemens pitch." I think his career might have turned out differently if that were the case.

4. mmmmmm, Kari.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, those photos...meh. She's much cuter in her element.

I think what makes her so attractive, besides the brains and good looks, is the knowledge that were you somehow to hook up with her, she'd be all about doin' crazy shit. (Not like that...well, maybe like that.) You're never going to hear her say, "You know, I don't think that's a good idea," when you suggest blowing something up or firing something out of a homemade cannon.

6. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

They did knock the cover off the ball. Of course, they shot it out at more than 400 miles per hour.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Damn, wish I woulda seen that on last night.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"For using a corked bat, Sammy Sosa was suspended for seven matches."

Is baseball that foreign a sport?

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed that too, Poin. My nagging complaint was that they entirely missed the point of corking a bat. It's not supposed to be "the cork turns your bat into superball material and balls just fly out!" My understanding is that it's supposed to make the head of the bat lighter and, thus, increase the speed of your swing. They had the corked/uncorked bats swinging at the exact same speed. Do I think corking a bat makes that big of a difference? No. Probably not. But they should have figured out how much bat speed would need to be increased with a corked bat to have significant increase in distance hit. THAT would have proven/busted the myth. What they did was neat, but meaningless.

Draft saved Draft deleted