1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball LCS ratings down! The world is coming to an end!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Oct 17, 2011.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You can't remotely compare the 2 business'. One plays 16 games and one plays 162. One needs local revenue to survive the other is based on national revenue. You have control of a player a lot longer in baseball than you do any other sport.

I will never say the big markets don't have an advantage, of course they do but the continual whining and bitching is useless. The Yankees also pay a shit ton in luxury tax that small markets seem to pocket. The system is what it is, stop watching if you don't like it, baseball will be ok.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I like the system because my favorite team has a lot of resources.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Some people just don't even bother to read before going off on a rant. Gotta love it.

I watch the games. I enjoy the sport. I just see how it could be better and really, that's what this thread is about. Don't like the topic? Don't click on the thread. It will be ok without you.

And that crap about the sports not being comparable is a joke. You complain about small markets pocketing the money from revenue sharing? The NFL has a fix for that. A salary floor.

Regardless of the differences, there are things that work for the NFL that baseball could adapt, but the owners are either too selfish or too short-sighted to do it.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I think if you're a true baseball fan, no matter who you root for, you're watching. It's baseball, dammit.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was kind of my point. People like JC make this assumption that I'm not really a baseball fan or that I don't enjoy the game.

Hell, I criticize the NFL plenty, too. It's not that hard to enjoy the sport and still be able to see it's flaws.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted