1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball history help

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 30, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Most pitchers used in a 9-inning game, we can't find it here and the Pirates and Cardinals have used 16 today.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Apparently that tie the record:

Most pitchers used in a nine-inning game both teams: 16, Houston and San Francisco, September 28, 2002

3. markvid

markvid Guest

16 was the record, 3 times before, but now, it's 18, a new record for a 9-inning game..
    Thanks for the help, Spnited, much appreciated! That gave a good starting point.

4. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

I'm guessing this is one Tony LaRussa realllllly wanted. If it isn't, he hasn't done a good job convincing me.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Today was La Russa's wet dream.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Kinda makes you wonder about what really happened with the DUI, huh?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

I couldn't understand it.
    Had this been a game for playoff contention, fine.
    But yes, you let Percival start so he can say he started, but yet, you let him do exactly what he'd do out of the bullpen and just pitches an inning.

Yeah, Tony's a genius.

8. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Three Nights in August was a very good book. Very well written, very fun read.

But it still did nothing to deter my belief that LaRussa is a micro-managing bastard, and despite his rhetoric that he's a player's coach, he'd be one of the last guys in America I'd want to play for. True story.

Draft saved Draft deleted