1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Hall of Fame Veterans Ballot. UPDATE: Torre, Cox, La Russa elected

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Nov 4, 2013.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Will Glavine and Maddux give the induction speech while Bobby Cox sits in the corner, nodding and doing crossword puzzles?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He'll be beating his wife.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Re: Baseball Hall of Fame Veterans Ballot.

If you go, let me know. Because if all three Braves get in, I'll be there, too.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If there's a baseball God, they will cut to a shot of Leo Mazzone rocking back in forth in his folding chair during their induction speeches.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I do enjoy dishing a high one off the backboard for you to tomahawk.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't have a problem with anyone on this committee.

7. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Question: What's the maximum number of candidates veterans committee members may vote for? I know it's 10 for the regular ballot, but is it the same for the vets or fewer?

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

You can vote as many as five, so since everyone voted for three, they had two other slots to play with.

9. Della9250

I'm not saying it's a bad committee, just that it obviously didn't view the candidates the same way as the last time.

The same happened to Concepion — he lost at least two votes from the last time.

10. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

I rank them in this order 1) LaRussa, 2) Torre, 3) Cox. I have said that I believe the Yankees would have won 2-3 more titles during the Torre era if LaRussa was their manager. Cox shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame, one championship is not enough.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Could be four. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Della9250

Can't wait to see what the Golden Era comes up with next year. We might actually have a living, breathing player selected. If not, the Veterans Committee will go nearly 20 years without electing a living player. Mazeroski was the last in 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted