1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

baseball hall of fame inductions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jul 26, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

rickey is always entertaining. but why can't he speak a de english more better? he's an american, right? i'm embarrassed listening to him. he can't put the "s" at the end of words describing plurals. oy.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I just like his suit, and his family's color-coordinated outfits. Or "outfit" as Rickey would say.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

that's just what he would say. you picked up on that too or are you just humoring me? either way, i appreciate it. :D :D :D

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You mean like Clem Haskins talking about his Minnesota basketball teams playing in "Wilma Rena?"

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Shockey, Rickey is the greatest leadoff man off all-time. You can't expect him to be a world-class verb conjugator as well.

I do, however, think it's funny that this criticism is coming from someone who refuses to acknowledge the shift key ...

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

geez, how often do we have to go over this? ??? ??? ???

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Davido!

My buddy.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'm one who tends to be conservative when it comes to Hall of Fame inductions. I think letting too many people in cheapens the accomplishments of the really great. But I have no problem with either Henderson or Rice. Both very well deserved.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

true dat. the tight-assed, stuck-up voters should be ashamed of themselves for letting rice dangle for 15 years. i'm proud to call several, including casty, my friends but MANY baseball writers are freakin' self-important a--holes. :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Maybe Casty will come back now that the idiots have left (well, except for their sock puppets).

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think he comes across that way on this board, too.

Not as an asshole, but as a little too self-important.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Watching it on the DVR now. Classy finish to Rickey's speech:

"And at this moment, I am very, very humble."

Draft saved Draft deleted