1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot Released

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Nov 27, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My picks. I'll spare you all the Blyleven rant. He'll either get in or he won't.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Holdovers:
    Albert Belle, Bert Blyleven, Dave Concepcion, Andre Dawson, Steve Garvey, Rich Gossage, Orel Hershiser, Tommy John, Don Mattingly, Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker, Jim Rice, Lee Smith, Alan Trammell.

Newcomers:
    Harold Baines, Dante Bichette, Bobby Bonilla, Scott Brosius, Jay Buhner, Ken Caminiti, Jose Canseco, Eric Davis, Tony Fernandez, Tony Gwynn, Wally Joyner, Mark McGwire, Paul O'Neill, Cal Ripken Jr., Bret Saberhagen, Devon White, Bobby Witt.

My make-believe ballot: Ripken, Gwynn, Rice, Blyleven, Gossage. I'd also like to be the person who finds some gem of a stat that makes Dave Concepcion acceptable to the voters because I always thought I was watching a Hall of Famer when I saw him play.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

My fake ballot: Gywnn, Ripken, Gossage, Morris and Dawson.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agree completely. It was will be the last warm and fuzzy induction for some time...

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'm a Tiger fanboy and I think Ripken should be in over Trammell.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You guys are in TROUBLE when Casty reads that.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Somebody -- Chris, Mizzou? --- please explain what you mean by "the fix will be in."

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Holdovers:
    Albert Belle, Bert Blyleven, Dave Concepcion, Andre Dawson, Steve Garvey, Rich Gossage, Orel Hershiser, Tommy John, Don Mattingly, Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker, Jim Rice, Lee Smith, Alan Trammell.

Newcomers:
    Harold Baines, Dante Bichette, Bobby Bonilla, Scott Brosius, Jay Buhner, Ken Caminiti, Jose Canseco, Eric Davis, Tony Fernandez, Tony Gwynn, Wally Joyner, Mark McGwire, Paul O'Neill, Cal Ripken Jr., Bret Saberhagen, Devon White, Bobby Witt.

Italics are who I feel should deserve to be voted in and the bold are who will get in.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

Pretty sure Tony Fernandez will get a vote. Not saying who. Just pretty sure.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Ripken
    Gwynn
    Morris
    Rice
    Blyleven

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm in total agreement.

But I don't think Goose will get in this year, and I don't think Dawson will get in ever. Morris, I have no idea -- he deserves it as much as anyone, and why he's not in yet is a travesty. Best pitcher of the 1980s, hands down (what, you were thinking Dave Stieb?), and truly dominating in the postseason.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I would put Gossage in, too.

But I find it interesting that you have Dawson over Rice.

Draft saved Draft deleted