1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball free agent game: Who signs where?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 15, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I didn't get the Piazza thing either, though it would be great if YET ANOTHER Mets legend finished up with the Yankees. How did Tom Seaver not pitch for them?

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

DH 3-4 times a week if Giambi can play first, catching once a week. They should have done it last year, now I don't think they can bank on Giambi to give them that much 1b time.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Lot of bad blood there, Guy. I know money cures all, but...

And I can't imagine Piazza would sign there if there was any chance the ol' sack of crap Clemens would return.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

With or without Piazza, the Yanks should never go near him again. He screwed them out of a #1 pick!

5. Longball131

Longball131 New Member

I can't see Piazza returning to the east coast although there are some reports that he might fill a role in Philly, plus it's close to him hometown in Penn. Should be interesting to see where he ends up. Oh and I got some more FA whereabouts.

C. Lee - Astros - I thought it was going to be the Cubs but since they signed Soriano out of nowhere Houston seems to be the spot for him.
    T. Glavine - Mets
    A. Pettitte - Astros
    R. Clemens - He said if Pettitte comes back to Houston or decides not to retire then he'd come back with him
    J. Pierre - Marlins
    J. Lugo - Red Sox

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Woo-hoo!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted