1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Digest Daily

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by buckweaver, Jul 6, 2008.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

This was posted to SABR's listserv today, and I'm passing it along. It's a writing gig (nonpaying), but definitely not journalism (as some of the more cynical posters here will surely note from his tone.) Don't know anything about it, so can't offer a recommendation one way or another.

2. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

Did I miss the memo? I always thought that bloggers were "poo-poo'd " the pro's. Maybe I am incorrect.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Moving this to freelance help wanted board.

4. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

I didn't mean any disrespect, I was just asking questions.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Because a lot of people like working for free.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I have no problem with these on our freelance boards, this one certainly is more credible than some other non-paying BLOG! listings we've had recently. But the checks all look the same: invisible.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Wow, getting to see rookie-league kids for free. Sign me up.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

I took a quick look at the website. I would be inclined to give these people the benefit of the doubt. If you have or want your own blog, this might be a good situation.

Draft saved Draft deleted