1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball and NASCAR stringers needed

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by jordwalt, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Unless you're trying to get a job with the Unrepentant Douchebag-Plagurist. Then you'd be in like Flynn.

2. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

can we lock this please?....if there's a place for this, it ain't here

3. martygit

martygit Member

I don't understand this reaction. Is it plagiarizing when every newspaper sports department in the country uses AP stuff? They are not actually getting that sports news themselves?

Not only that, but you are quite able in inspin and wagerweb to write "a number of sources were used in compiling these notes" or something similar to that as a disclaimer.

I write for inspin and I know jordwalt and he's been nothing but fair and up-front with me. And he's right ... you can get your work for a week done in five hours, which gives you $20 an hour and it will add up, if your work is good and you stick for a year, to $5,200 annually.

Don't tell me $20 an hour and $5,200 a year doesn't help, especially for those at small or mid-size papers. I know it does because I've been there.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You are NOT serious? Plagiarizing when using AP? We pay for AP. We credit AP. Now if we put our own bylines on AP, you'd have a point.

Jordwalt may have been berry berry good to you. Fine and dandy. I don't like his tone or attitude here and I can't imagine any journalist with an ounce of self respect does either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.