1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball 2008 Thread 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I think Weaver showed up on the 15th and 30th of each month last year in Seattle with a ski mask and a gun to collect his paycheck.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Fixed for more detail.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And he's an asshole, too.

Perfect.

6. Rumpleforeskin

I guess we could add...

Somewhere in hell, Ty Cobb tightened his laces to slide spike-high into Pope John Paul during Heaven and Hell's annual charity softball game.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That was my point.

8. John Paul's game was soccer.

9. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Speaking of the Pope, I'm praying my Cardinals pull off a miracle this year. They truly suck.

10. Rumpleforeskin

That's why there were two of 'em.

11. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Red Sox fans, how worried are you about Beckett's back? And if he and Schilling are out for any time, is it time to worry about that rotation?

12. Not worried at all. As long as they don't make Beckett make that long plane ride to Japan.

Beckett may miss the early part of the season and I wouldn't be surprised if he was rested near the end of the season too.

As far as Schilling is concerned - Buchholz may give you more than Schilling would this season anyway - so Schilling being out till the All-Star break could be a blessing in disguise. Personally I'm not counting on Schilling coming back at all.

It should be noted that Colon could be a surprise and that Kyle Snyder is both a Terry Francona favorite and better than some people think. I wouldn't be surprised to see Snyder slid into the rotation while Beckett is resting. Theo has done a good job on depth. Julian Tavarez is the fall back position for 5th starter and Tavarez could start for a number of teams.

One final point - if there is a problem - keep in mind that the Red Sox still have all those prospects to deal (plus maybe Coco Crisp) come trade deadline time if they have a need.

I'm not worried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.