1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball 2008 Thread 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

gagne's a pussy and should have been able to handle the two-inning save. that said, it's hard for me to hate on the brewers because the yankees signed latroy hawkins.

2. Signing Hawkins is a good thing?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

For the Red Sox.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dempster won't be the 3. Lieber will. Marquis will be somewhere else by opening day.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Shoot. Combined with that lineup, the Cubs might win the N.L.

6. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Early prediction: Brewers vs. Indians in the World Series.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Fixed.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

If I ever needed an inning destroyed — and I mean set on fire, burned to the ground and then have the ashes pissed on — I'd call on LaTroy Hawkins.

The guy could fuck up a glass of water.

9. Early prediction - losses to the improved Kansas City Royals will keep either the Tigers or the Indians from the AL Wildcard. Losses to the Rays will keep the Yankees from the Wildcard. Opening up the Wildcard to once again come from the West where either Seattle or Anaheim wins the West and the other takes the Wildcard spot.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I mean the Yankees did sign Billy Crystal to a one-day contract. He's 60. At least they are going down in age with the FA signings.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nats are apparently going to pass on Weaver. I should be happy. But Pena is hurt and it looks like Dukes will be the Opening Day left fielder.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Keep the women and children away from the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.