1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bartlett For President

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

That's one addiction that's good for you. Just bought the fourth season on DVD ...

Healthier than watching Law and Order (various varieties) reruns you've seen already ... over and over again. It's shameful.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

SC, you have the guns right.
    Toby's face as Bartlet uttered that line was priceless.

As was the scene you mention with CJ. "Imagine," Jed sez, "the whole world is wondering if Ritchie is too dumb to be president."

I have recently purchased season six, as well as season two of Hill Street Blues.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

There's nothing wrong with watching a couple WW episodes a day. Hell, Bravo used to show at least that many every morning. Then I got a job, and poof, Bravo decides to go another route.

Same thing with 24. A&E's Monday mini-marathons were great. You could watch a season in just six weeks.

4. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I own Seasons Nos. 2-6 right now. But things are about to get bad for me. I just watched the first season of The Sopranos (I know, I'm a little late to the game) and now I'm hooked. Going to get Season 2 tonight after work.

5. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I envy you. That's some seriously big fun.

I bought the first season of Nip/Tuck and I am surprised at how consistently excellent it is. Really rivals stuff on HBO.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

my wife thinks i have the same addiction. i'm always watching one of the dvds from the first three seasons. the writing never gets ol to me. 8) 8)

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

UPDATE -- Just got back from a late birthday dinner with my pops and I got seasons 2 AND 3! And thanks to my girlfriend, I got season 5 a couple of weeks ago. I'm over half way there. Bartlett for President!

And I posed the question to my dad and while he's not convinced Bartlett could have beaten Bush in 2000 or 2004, he is convinced he could have gotten a job in the Bartlett White House.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Folks, not to nit-pick, but it's one T at the end of this President's name. Bartlet.

Draft saved Draft deleted