1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barstool fired blogger for mocking missing U of Utah student

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by gravehunter, Jul 1, 2019.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

2. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Active Member

What a fucking disgrace. That’s why you don’t let your frat brothers run your editorial department

garrow, bpoindexter and Raven like this.
  3. Raven

Raven Active Member

Barstool as much credibility as The Odyssey: zero.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Now Portnoy gets a conscience?

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Why do I envision portnoy’s career lying next to daulerio’s in the media graveyard?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Sports Barf

Greatest smut peddlers our time. Portnoy, Daulerio, Larry Flynt

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This thread inspired me to look up Daulerio, with whom I had several run-ins (runs-in?). He seems largely to have vanished. There was a time when I would have pulled his fucking ears off and shoved them down his throat, but now I mostly feel sorry for him. Talk about a guy who lit an exploding cigar.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yet you'll never hear any GMG writers say a bad word about him. Those people are a fucking cult. The only one they've ever ostracized is Clay Travis (deservedly, of course).

9. Raven

Raven Active Member

Extremely tight clique is the better word. I can only imagine how annoying it must be to end up at a party where the majority of the attendees use to write for Gawker.

10. Sports Barf

The other shoe dropped hard on Daulerio. Boy ya just hate to see it.

I look at the Barstool vs Deadspin beef in the same vein as all those Antifa vs Proud Boys riots. You hope they both lose

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I went to a party at Nick Denton's once. I think I'd been written about by maybe twelve of the people in attendance. Not one of them said a fucking thing to me. I stood in the middle of the room, drank a whiskey, looked at everybody, everybody looked at me, and I left.

Here's kind of a funny unintended side effect of life. To get the visa I needed last year to work in TV, I needed to provide fifty clips of stories about me. Not by me. Stories in which I was the subject. Trust me, I was reaching. Maybe 25 of those clips came from Gawker and Deadspin. Without their weird obsession, I wouldn't have been able to get my visa, like, eight years later or whatever. You never know how things will shake out.

12. Raven

Raven Active Member

That's exactly the kind of bullshit I'm talking about. I'm sorry about your experience. That sounds like my worst nightmare.

Draft saved Draft deleted