1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barry's back!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sabrefan, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

... is being rubbed frantically back and forth by vick conte's sweaty chest?

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Truth's not welcome here... But you certainly are. As are the examples of poor journalism. Post to your heart's content; truth, lies or otherwise.

4. creamora

creamora Member

I'm not making fun of people in the newspaper business.
    What I have presented is quiite a serious matter. Get the facts right and knock off the hype or get out of the business of journalism. The public deserves better than that period. Journalists have a responsibility and when they ignore that resaponsibility they should be called out for it. I certainly didn't see any posts that were in agreement with me outing those guilty of poor journalism. Is there a "secret code of silence" about what goes on in the editor's room? Is hype what counts at the expense of accuracy these days?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

does the public deserve folks who help design and sell illegal drugs?

you are a fucking joke, period.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You need to pay more attention to the whole board, rather than your pet project. Poor journalism gets called out constantly on this board.

But one-trick ponies who do nothing but push their own agendas are quickly rejected.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But....but....creamora said it, so it must be true! It must be factual! And we all have our heads in the sand becuase we don't agree with him!

And that stuff Barry Bonds used to get bigger? Just a protein shake! Really!

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Putting aside Creamora's typically provocative and less-than-constructive tweaking of board members, his point about the normal range of testosterone levels and the way that part of the story was reported, were on target. It's disturbing that top publications in the industry, which have the resources to verify facts, publish inaccurate information.

9. creamora

creamora Member

cranberry,

Thank you for acknowledging the basic facts. It took a hundred posts for somebody to respond with recognition of the important point. If it wasn't important then the article would have never been written in the first place.
    Everybody got it wrong about his testosterone level and somebody needed to set the record straight. Even if "everybody" hates Barry Bonds.

10. Hammer Pants

I've had sleeping problems my whole life, and even my doctor hasn't pinpointed the exact cause of the problem.

Maybe it's just because I'm a sportswriter with an evil, restless soul.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hater.

12. Hammer Pants

I used to just have sleeping issues. Now I can't even look at myself in the mirror without crying.

What have we done to these poor, innocent people?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.