1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

barry to boycott hall?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HoopsMcCann, Nov 2, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't think it's too presumptuous on Bonds' part. After all, when he retires, he'll likely have more than 3,000 hits, 762 home runes, 2,000 RBIs and a batting average hovering around .300. Sadly, it'll take a lifetime ban to keep him out of Cooperstown, N.Y. It's a safe bet that we'll be walking past his plaque in six or seven years.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You tracked down every ball you hit out of the park?

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sure did. From Little League to teeners to legion to high school to softball a few summers ago. I'm a sucker for the sentimental parts of the game. Each ball brings back a different, treasured memory.

Normally, I wouldn't have done it with softball, but I was told no one had hit the ball out of that fence -- about 300 feet away -- in more than two decades. And as I hopped over the 12-foot fence, I cut the shit out of my right hand (three weeks after I had a four-stitch laceration on my left hand), giving the ball a deeper meaning to me.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You HOPPED over a 12-foot fence?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, no. I climbed to the top and hopped down. I'm not that talented.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Barry to boycott the Hall?

No one, anywhere, is going to weep.

Draft saved Draft deleted