1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

barry to boycott hall?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HoopsMcCann, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Out of your control, Barry, you egocentric shithead . . . out of your control . . .

Get used to it.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who is this Barry Bonds and what does he do?

And Oz, the ball is private property.. he can give it to his dog to play catch in the yard with if he likes...

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

And Barry thinks this will get him sympathy? Ha.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was about Rick Barry.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

I am totally with Barry on this one.
    This is total defacement of a historical item and the Hall should say we don't want it.
    Think they'd display a Red Sox hat if it said "Yankees suck" on it?
    What if whomever bought the Honus Wagner card decided to donate it to the Hall but first took a Sharpie and drew something like devil horns on him? Bet the Hall would say no thanks.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

But anything defaced or altered shouldn't be accepted at all.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I concur.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I agree.

And I'm damned happy that ball has a fucking asterisk on it.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Bonds said, "You cannot give people the freedom, the right to alter history. You can't do it."

The funniest line I have read in a loooooong time.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Never said he couldn't do that, but I wouldn't blame Barry for his position here. As far as HOF display items go, they can do without the ball in Cooperstown and still have more than enough to fill a large showcase without a ball, with an asterisk, with bite marks from a dog's teeth.

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The Hall shouldn't accept the ball, not because of Bonds' threat, but because it has been altered after the fact. That should be their general policy. Otherwise, when A-Rod breaks the record, Scott Boras will probably sell ad space on the ball.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What happened to the bat Bonds used? Why does the ball have to be the focus?

Barry will get into the HOF. When he is inducted, it will be so protested and sullied, that he might actually feel a little remorse.

Fuck Bonds.

When I go back I won't even break stride when I get to his stuff. Shit, we even went to the same university.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm sure a lot more people will identify a home run with a ball, not a bat, even though you can't hit one without the other. I never saved any of my home-run bats, but I've got every ball I've ever hit out of the park on my mantle.

It's the same way with no-hitter ball. You don't often see the catcher's glove behind glass. But you see every ball there.

Draft saved Draft deleted