1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

barry to boycott hall?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HoopsMcCann, Nov 2, 2007.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

can we boycott him first?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3090631

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

We'll miss ya.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't blame him one bit. I think Bonds is a self-involved fuck, but I'd say the same things.

That ball shouldn't be branded. I don't care what that cocksucker did, no one should tarnish history -- even if the player already has.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Eh...I'll lose about 1 microsecond of sleep over the thought that Barry will boycot the hall. And I'll lose about that same amount of sleep for the ball supposedly being "defaced." The asterisk is simply part of the historical nature of the record. Ignoring it is like ignoring the racial barrier that existed for far too long.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The ball shouldn't have an asterisk drawn on it.

The ball needs a sketch of a needle.

7. Stupid idea to asterisk the ball. But if it keeps Barry away, maybe it isn't that stupid after all.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I'd do anything to keep that piece of shit away.

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What is this notion of putting an asterik on the ball?

Bonds is a dick, mind you, but the idea of putting an asterik on the ball is idiotic. The record happened, I don't particularly like the man who did it and I certainly can't stand the means by which he accomplished it, but it happened and it shouldn't be qualified within the framework of the Hall.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

A little presumptuous perhaps, Mr. Bonds?

The guy just doesn't get it in terms of how to manage his public persona.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not sure if I agree on that one. The hall, at its heart, is a museum...a collection of history, of America and how it was, through the world of baseball, at specific times. To ignore the roid and doping issue that was so prevalent during this era is to ignore a portion of history that had a very real impact on baseball.

Otherwise, why even have a separate section on the Negro League? Why not just lump them in there among everyone else? Same with the women...

The fact is, it's part of history and saying no asterisk is like saying, we're going to ignore history.

Draft saved Draft deleted