1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barry Melrose back at ESPN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by steveu, Dec 5, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The fact that Barry Melrose is the best ESPN can come up with to comment or report on hockey speaks volumes.

TSN has things right up here: twenty minutes of hockey then ten minutes for the other three sports: soccer, cricket and lacrosse. :)

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wait, you mean there's no "CFL Live" every fucking day whether there's something going on in the league or not in the middle of the afternoon and late night?

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I love TSN's countdown to hockey free agency....they have the clock counting down to noon.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Melrose still sucks.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Mullets all around!

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, they covered the Hockey Canada press conference to announce the players invited to a TRYOUT camp for the World Junior Hockey tournament which starts on Boxing Day.

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

thats classic.....I'm usually in canada during FA, and spend1 morning watching the speculation. When Drury and Gomez signed with NY, I thought guys were going to pass out on set.

8. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Shows what I know about hockey or how I keep up. I thought this dude had left ESPN to take on a coaching job.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Uh, he did! He got fired after about a dozen games - I think he had one win at the time.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

He was 5-7-2 after 14 games, I think.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And finished 5-7-4 after 16. His replacement, Rick Tocchet, is 1-4-4 since he took over.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wonder how much money he's lost betting on the Bolts to win. ::) :D

Draft saved Draft deleted