1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barry Bonds trying to pave a HOF path for Rose and McGwire so he can be inducted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jan 17, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This reeks of "Well, if they're in, I should be in!"

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

To tell you the truth, I have a feeling that Bonds could care less if he gets inducted into the hall of fame.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I dunno Chuck. It takes a pretty big ego to fill such a roids-ballooned cranium. Such an ego would need the HOF. And, this is two conciliatory-type statements from him in the past week (Sweeney's my friend being the other). He may not mean a word of what he's saying, but he seems to be making an effort to say the right thing, or what he thihnks people perceive to be the right thing. That looks like a departure to me.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It's going to be really cool when Bonds breaks the record.

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

They all should be in. I love baseball, but I hate this Hall of Fame bullshit. Let 'em all in for god sake and shut up. So long as they put up good fantasy numbers, that's all I care about.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

now there is a photo of you up at cooperstown village limits. you will never be allowed to visit ... ever.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: Barry Bonds trying to pave a HOF path for Rose and McGwire so he can be indu

I think he realizes now he no longer holds the hammer in negotiating with the Giants, and that the Giants are his only hope of getting to 756. As a result, I'd say he will bite the bullet and acquiesce to the Giants' terms (e.g. no more posse in the clubhouse, no more Barcalounger in front of his locker), and be signed fairly soon.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

here's hoping negotiations go poorly just before he aimlessly limps off the face of the earth.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I wish someone would shoot him in the kneecap, and have the pellet bounce off and hit you between the eyes as you suck him off.

10. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Like he -- or a anybody else -- actually believes voters give a good crap who HE thinks should be in the Hall of Fame? That in itself is gall-worthy. (But it won't gain votes for anybody. If they were going to be there, they'll be there; if not, they won't, no matter what Mr. Bonds says).

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Unless of course, just to spite Bonds, more writers don't vote for McGwire - or Rose (if he ever becomes eligible)

12. WSKY

WSKY Member

That's fine, I went there when I was 10, so I'm good with not going back.

Draft saved Draft deleted