1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barry Bonds hacked off at Hank Aaron.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You missed the joke there.

That's OK.

I appreciate the post's other passages though, salient retorts all.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I love a good joke. What did I miss?

3. Johnny Dangerously

Ah, I get it now.

"Despite" my moderator persona, I can laugh at that.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

See my comment above about my limited skills in the Hummer shot put. Let's not try to read Selig's mind regarding conversations we didn't hear.

And even if Bonds said it exactly as Selig told Aaron, there is a big difference between comments made privately to the commissioner of baseball and what he says publicly. And as I pointed out before, publicly he has been nothing but respectful of Aaron's wishes.

5. Simon_Cowbell

You mean... Despise.... ?

Cool, dude.

6. Simon_Cowbell

OK.... Oliver.

I thought JFK was too long, BTW.

Selig wouldn't do anything that would put his dear friend in a spot he didn't want to be in.

7. boots

boots New Member

Hank doesn't need Barry. Barry needs Hank. He needs him to pass the torch so to speak. If not for the controversey, I think Hank would be there in support.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

IF NOT FOR THE CONTROVERSY, America would be there in support.

From the few times I've seen Aaron discuss the issues associated with Bonds, he's clearly pissed that Bonds is breaking the record. Frank Robinson, who was a better player IMHO, than Bonds, also evidences a dislike of Bonds. And Aaron, Mays and FRobby were the 3 best OFs of their generation. Apologies to Mickey

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Going to stick up for Simon here... I got tweaked for my typo. My bad. That part, was deserved.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Your powers are useless on this board, Superman... ;)

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I doubt the validity of this story. This is what the writer relies on to suggest Bonds is upset:

“The commissioner told me that [Bonds] has asked him several times about why I haven’t contacted him,” Aaron said. “I don’t talk to anybody, really, and I’ve never talked to Barry, outside of that commercial we did together a few years ago, and a few other short times.”

I'll bet Bonds would deny saying anything like that, but unfortunately nobody at the Constitution tried to confirm this with him. I just don't see him confiding in Selig or even having a conversation with him for that matter.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Yes, but I know how to light the (Head)Butt signal ...

Draft saved Draft deleted