1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barry Bonds hacked off at Hank Aaron.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Apr 11, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I get the Detroit peg here, but couldn't he have talked to someone with more credibility than Gary Sheffield? (Willie Horton? Norm Cash? Al Kaline? Dennis Rodman?) Of course Sheffield's going to defend Bonds. HE GOT HIS STEROIDS FROM HIM! And this bit about Bonds not being proved guilty ... poppycock. The FBI found a mountain of evidence against him. Anyone who cites the lack of proof (that means you, Mr. Leyland) simply has his head in the sand.

The stand being taken by Aaron is even more significant when you consider that five or six years ago, before all the steroids stuff kicked in high gear, he was quoted multiple times by multiple news organizations saying he was ready for someone else to have that record. He wants to wash his hands of it now, and who could blame him?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Parker would probably have to talk to Mitch Albom to get a quote from Norm Cash. ::)

3. creamora

creamora Member

Head Doctor,

My actual agenda is to attempt to put the truth regarding the use of drugs in sports into perspective. I also think it's fun to learn from some of the more serious haters here.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

drugs in sports? really? you are a literal fucking news flash.

5. creamora

creamora Member

From the Rob Parker article.

Sheffield says, "For Barry to be doing what he's doing and has done for all these years, I would love to see Hank there. But he has his own reasons and maybe they're quality reasons. But from another player watching it, I would love to see him there supporting him because it means a lot to our community."

The "community" knows the truth about the history of drug use in baseball and they realize that Barry deserves to be supported in his pursuit of the home run record. It's the people outside of the community with less knowledge that are not supportive of Bonds. It took those outside the "community" more than ten years to finally wake up and smell the coffee. Some still believe in Santa Claus.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're aligning forces with one of the most nationally-famous idiots in sports journalism.

Maybe you can rally support from Don Imus, Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i find great humor in the fact hank jumped on a plane a week ago and was in dodger stadium on sunday. they mentioned hank received a huge ovation from the dodger crowd when introduced before the game. hmmmmm, i wonder why?

8. creamora

creamora Member

Starman says, "Glad to see you're aligning forces with one of the most nationally-famous idiots in sports journalism."

If most sports journalists think he's an idiot, the guy must be doing something right. He's not a hater so he's gotta be an idiot. Right?

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He's an idiot on more things than just Bonds, but don't let that get in your way of thinking he's a bloody genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted