1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barry Bonds hacked off at Hank Aaron.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/04/09/aaron_owes_bond.html

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Poor Barry.

And I like the guy, but give me a break.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If I were Hank Aaron, and I ever heard one word, directly or indirectly, out of Barry Bonds' mouth other than "I'm honored and privileged to even have the opportunity to approach your record, Mr. Aaron," I'd call a press conference of my own the next day and drill No. 756 into the upper deck, explaining exactly why I had no intention whatsoever of being in the same time zone when Roid Boy fraudulently breaks the record.

And THIS is why pitchers need to start drilling 99-mph fastballs right into Bonds' helmet. Today.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Now, good of baseball at stake, pitcher should just plunk Bonds on that Robocop hunk of plastic he wears on his right elbow. It's like a big target anyway; use it. It's time for pitchers and teams to consider what's best for the game.

Or they can let him break it, and watch Selig and others squirm a decade after the Great Fake Home Run Chase of 1998. Hell, that would be pretty funny too, though not as much.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Given Hank's justified anger and resentment that commissioner Bowie Kuhn couldn't be bothered to show up when Hank hit No. 715, I have to believe he would make a serious effort to be there if he felt the person taking over the top spot was a deserving successor.

They should have been doing it years ago, or going after his knees, but hey, better late than never.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

here's hoping a cable breaks on a cable car, deep in the heart of SF.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Has Selig said whether he would be there if and when Bonds breaks it? Because I could see him repeating history, though for different reasons.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Funny point: Aaron said he might send a telegram. Western Union no longer does telegrams.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Selig has remained pointedly non-committal about that question.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Why is anyone talking to this old guy Hank Aaron?

Whitlock informed me last year that Babe Ruth holds the HR record.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I could have a heart attack and die from not surprise. The fact that Selic is testicularly challenged is considered in some corners to be the genesis of this scenario.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted