1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barry Bonds Deal gets Rejected by MLB!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RAMBO, Jan 31, 2007.

1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Just now on ESPN it reported that MLB has rejected the $15.8 million dollor deal Bonds has with the Giants for next season. Now that MLB has rejected whats next for the major league sluger who is on his way to breaking Hank Aron's All-Time Home-Run record.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2748744

2. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

They'll configure it to work. They always do. This is just a road bump.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Holy shit did this make me laugh. I think it was the urgency--all the exclamation points. Never mind the fact that this happened yesterday, they've already revised the language and it's as good as signed.

Go Clots!

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

But it still leaves you to wonder weather anything will get done anytime soon.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

This might be the most fucked-up sentence I've ever seen on SportsJournalists.com.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't think Barry Bonds controls the weather.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

He's rooting for the Clots in the Super Bowl.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

After reading Mr. Rambo's posts, I have a new sense of appreciation/sympathy for copy editors, especially on the first football Friday when the new stringers are being tried out. God bless you.

BTW, there's a part of me that thinks he's ingeniously goofing on all of us -- or at least part of me hopes so.

9. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Rambo like cultural learnings of America for make benefit glorious nation of Kazakhstan. Is very nice.

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

There I fixed it happy.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I feel that there's no fucking way Rambo's faux-real. It's definitely someone playing a joke on SportsJournalists.com. OTOH, I sadly think JDV is for real, but only because I don't want to believe that someone could have so much free time to play such an elaborate joke on a message board.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

He like to make sexual explosion in a woman's virgin.

Draft saved Draft deleted