1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barry Bonds 90's only vs. Albert Pujols

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Check that.

I guess you have to account for the fact that by 2002, he was firmly in possession of Dumbo's magic feather.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Albert Pujols winning a gold glove is as big a joke as Raffy Palmeiro winning one the year he was a DH. Anyone who thinks Pujols is a gold glover shouldn't be allowed to vote for the award.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You aren't giving Pujols nearly enough credit for his defensive play. Then again, given the soure, that is no surprise at all. Normally, I would assume you were using hyperbole to make your point, but given your hatred of Pujols, you probably mean it.

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Yes, Bonds such a clubhouse cancer that his teams won 3 consecutive divisions from 90-92, won 103 games but missed the playoffs in 93, made the playoffs in 97, tied for the Wildcard in 98 and finished second in 99.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He's a decent fielder. Not a gold glover. I don't think that's an unreasonable position to take.

And I'd take him over Bonds in the postseason.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He was better than decent at his best, though he has gotten worse. Part of that, I think, is the elbow problems. It still doesn't warrant a comparison to the year they gave the Gold Glove to a guy who barely played in the field.

And I agree with you regarding the postseason, especially given the parameters of this thread. Bonds consistently stunk in the playoffs during the '90s.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Pujols got his mumbers against juicing pitchers?

Draft saved Draft deleted