1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barry and Bud's Death March: No. 754 and waiting, and waiting....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 4, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Cripes Barry, get r' done while your daughter is still on summer vacation. I'm thinking Bud should take a hike. He's done his duty.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I feel like we should have a graphic with our baseball package that reads "Sports world under siege: Day 8". We have to save space on the front in case he hits it. Then when he doesn't we have to find room for a blurb somewhere to say he didn't.
    What an asshole.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

No doubt. I'm getting tired of waiting until midnight to finish the front.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If he hits on the same day that Michael Vick and Tim Donaghy cop a plea will there be any other live sports on the front?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

WFW.

This contingency planning shit is for the birds.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'll bet he doesn't play Sunday when it clearly would be ideal (for us) to break/tie the record.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

He's playing in a day game Saturday.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Today would have been ideal for him to tie it, but nooo, Mr. Groundout doesn't oblige.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Tie tomorrow, break on Sunday.

Or else, fucknuts.

10. Saturday's a night game and Sunday's a day game. Then the Giants go home for a week-long homestand on Monday. If he doesn't do it on Saturday, I can't see the Giants playing him on Sunday. They'll use the ol' day game after a night game reasoning so that he can tie and/or break the record at hime so he doesn't get booed if and when he does it.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Has anyone noticed that if you pitch him inside he has no chance of turning on it and hitting it at all?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Maddux was throwing him what amounted to screwballs.

He's had plenty of pitches to hit and hasn't done shit with any of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted