1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barrett Jackson Scottsdale 21

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That was the yellow one, right? There were only twenty L88's made, and that one was a fully concourse restored numbers matching car. Last year of the C2.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  2. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

Last year for C2 was 1967, also known as ‘mid style’ Corvettes. A ‘68 Vette is C3. I watched some of BJ this year but missed that particular car. A few ‘67s pulled some good coin. Older Maseratis are usually pretty cheap in comparison and you need pockets in case they need work but they are breathtaking. Poor mans luxury Ferrari.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Lord knows what it would cost to buy a decent one, but the Fiat Dino Spyder is my dream car in that space. It was built to homologate the Ferrari V6 so Ferrari could race it in the Ferrari Dino. It has Pininfarina coachwork, and it's just a gorgeous car. There is also a 2+2 hardtop version that Bertone built. The problem is that a nice one is probably $150 to 200k or so, so I'll be limited to drooling over pictures of them.

[​IMG]

TigerVols and misterbc like this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, kinda did.

Allow me to brighten the mood.

Barrett-Jackson just sold a first edition 2022 electric GMC Hummer for $2 million, allowing me to add a story to my newscast slugged "BJ $2M HUMMER."

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Blashemy I know but IMHO that looks very close to a .................69 Firebird.

7. Neutral Corner

Then you need a better picture from another angle. There is a little similarity, but it's leaner and curvier.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

This will give the collectors a collective jolt.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Funny thing about the Shelby that went on Saturday night.......

The reserve was on until 5 million......I don't know how much they had to have to get the reserve off, but I'm guessing Craig Jackson went up to them and said either I'll pay the difference of what it brings against what you need to avoid the shame of a no-sell or help me out a little bit on the reserve......

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If you say you'd give a kidney for a classic car, be careful what you ask for. A former editor lost his bladder to cancer caused by medication. He used his settlement to buy a 1969 Camaro SS ( which he let me drive), and divorce his alky wife.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Probably gentle compared to watching Mecum's son tweak, twist and cajole sellers during his family's auctions.

Draft saved Draft deleted