1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baron Rejoices -- J.C. Penney CEO Fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Poor guy only earned $53 million for two months of work in 2011. I'm sure he'll really be concerned about living on unemployment.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

There are plenty of thriving malls, but there are many malls that have gone under or have become ghost towns in the past decade. The Macy's thing is part of it, as it didn't keep open some of the mall locations it acquired. And once one anchor leaves and isn't adequately replaced, other anchors, and eventually most of the inline stores leave too. Many malls die because more minorities move into an area and businesses flee. Or crime starts to hit a mall and no one goes to it. Or a more successful mall that is close by takes business away. Also, outdoor shopping centers, which malls replaced, are starting to replace malls in popularit.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I went through Penny's to get to Kohl's ...

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I spend most of my waking hours in downtown Chicago. It's Macy's or Target there.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Big Sears downtown too.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Penny's has shitty clothes, and I honestly don't know if they even sell appliances.

Sears is very, very good for appliances.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Penney's has clothes for fat fucks. Therefore, I shop there.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should look into servicing Orange Julius machines. That way you'd have the shithole malls covered too.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

THERE'S A SALE AT PENNEY'S!!!

[​IMG]

We're slipping.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well played, Football. The Airplane reference made me laugh hysterically.

Johnson had to go. As it is, Penney may not survive, and we all know what happens to a paper's bottom line when a national retailer shuts down.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I love J.C. Penney's, probably because it's familiar to me. I can get nice-enough clothes for half the price of Macy's. I like one-stop shopping for clothes in the twice a year I do it.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I actually don't mind Penney's either. They occasionally have sales on those St. Johns Bay shirts, and I've gotten some nice ones as low as $9 or $10.

Draft saved Draft deleted