1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barney Frank won't Seel Re-Election

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You're obsessed with gay sex. Seriously. Obsessed with it.

And if you don't think the "mainstream media" covered Frank's sex scandal at the time - and subsequently - I don't know what to tell you.

www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1721111_1721210_1883878,00.html

2. printdust

printdust New Member

No, I'm incensed by the double-standard hypocrisy associated with it....not to mention the "special status" given it.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Speaking of double standards, why exactly do the powers that be allow this despicable shit when they wouldn't tolerate it about any other class of people? Given how sensitive folks can be about this place's image, you'd think this sort of thing would be snuffed out the same way it would if it were about blacks or women. To say nothing, of course, about the offense it doubtless causes to those among us who are specifically targeted.

4. printdust

printdust New Member

Who's targeting who? The NY Times article suggests with substance how the media ignored Frank and why....and the predominant reference to his "greatness" supposedly lies in the "champion of gay rights" designation. The two are doubtlessly tied together.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

..and special status doesn't attack you personally. It's calling out a patently unfair approach. On the flip side, it's wanting not only liberty but a favored policy.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I wasn't talking to you. I was talking about you.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Yeah, of course. You're making it a personal attack rather than an issue attack.
    That's the way you play.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Print, I've got to agree with Az on this one.

My single wish for you is simply to befriend one gay person. To just understand they are not that different than you.

Its not about sex, it's about love.

The sex makes you uncomfortable, but it's the love that drives the relationship.

9. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Barney Frank is and always will be a joke even in political standards. He mainly keep his job because "it is better to know the devil you know then the devil you don't know" mentality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.