1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barnes & Noble is criminal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Nov 20, 2006.

1. The big mistake was signing up for the card in the first place.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Barnes & Noble is criminal because their selection sucks.

Stop slumming and head to Borders.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Debit card. Debit card. Debit card.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You're right. Magazines up the gazoobo.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The 10 percent off card has always been a great, great deal for me and my family.

6. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Well, never mind. I guess I'm the idiot. I guess ultimately all I wished was that someone on the phone would have said, "That sucks. I really believe that this was an unfortunate mistake by a usually reliable customer. Let's see if we can help you." No one did. But obviously, I'm in the wrong.

7. Sly

Sly Active Member

You know what they say: You can't fight city hall, er, Barnes and Noble.

8. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Yeah, exactly. It can be so frustrating, though - you just want someone to listen to you and to hear a sympathetic voice - or at least a sign that they believe what you're telling them.

It's so stupid to take this stuff personally, but it's hard not to when you're in the moment. You just want to scream out that you're not a deadbeat credit payer backer.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

$25 does not make you a deadbeat. You're acting like this is the end of the world, or at least the end of your credit.

Hondo, you obviously didn't read that USA Today story very thoroughly. Do you really believe that iPods are the reason these kids have $30K in debt while working on $25K/year entry-level salaries? "Suck it up" isn't the right answer.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's hondo's answer to everything.

He's completely in control of his own destiny.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Gee and here I thought my $30K in debt came from my college loans and having to run up my credit cards because my first paper out West wouldn't pay moving expenses. It was all that iPod that I don't even own. Go fuck yourself, Hondo.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I don't agree with Hondo on a lot of things, but I do on this.

Be an adult and stop whining when your actions bring a consequence you're not happy about.

I don't want unexpected $25 annual bills from Barnes and Noble, CitiBank, Chevron or JambaJuice. So I don't sign up for their cards just so I can get a 50 cents off a magazine or a tank of gas.

It's not entirely about 'controlling my destiny.' It's about being responsible for my actions -- or inactions.

Draft saved Draft deleted