1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barnes & Noble is criminal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Go jack off to your Ronald Reagan poster.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My B&N card expired at the end of my first year. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. I just never renewed. I went in there last week, they said 'Do you have a card with us?' and I explained that I did but it was expired. They asked if I wanted to renew, I said I didn't, they rang me up and out I walked.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

4. Sly

Sly Active Member

If you canceled your credit card and tore it up, then B&N didn't have anywhere to charge you for it. So they sent you a bill saying you owe them some money. You can either pony up or cancel it or not pay. Maybe they'll send it to a collections agency, but I doubt it.

Or has that already happened?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And, fwiw, the biggest mistake you made was in not cancelling that credit card account after you paid it off and cut the actual card into tiny bits. If you aren't using the account, close it.

6. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I didn't cancel the credit card. I just paid it off and forgot about it, not realizing that there was an automatic annual renewal on there.

And sorry for the seeming overreaction - it was just a rant.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

At the most this little mistake will drop your credit score - what - a couple of points. Big deal.

I'd like to see you stick to never shopping at walmart, target, etc. ala your rant. Boycotting B&N, I could understand, and would be much easier.

8. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I don't know if it could be done cold turkey, but I think phasing those stores out of all of our lives would do America a lot of good.

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

Hmmmm ... so why did it not end up on your credit card statement? Why did B&N send you a bill? How long has it been overdue?

As for the B&N card, i find it to be a ripoff. If you sign up for the Borders e-mail list (free), they'll send you a whole bunch of coupons you can use at certain times.

10. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

No, no ... it did end up on my credit card bill. Then the CC company gave me the B&N number to call to find out how it got there.

And that's when I reached Miss Helpful.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Like I someone I know does quite regularly!

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Don't shoot the messenger...you need to hear this. Not only does 25 bucks not ruin your life, but it wasn't worth risking the problem in the first place. Jeez, from the sound of it I thought the bank swooped in and foreclosed on the old homestead while you and your wife and 10 starving kids were trying to scratch out a meager existence in the 1930s Oklahoma Dustbowl.

Anyone wants to know what a bunch of whiny-assed kids in their 20s are like, read today's USA Today front-page article about 20-somethings and debt. Bitching and moaning about how they're in hock to everyone from student loans and credit card companies, but never once questioning whether they had to have that bleepin' $400 ipod or the lastest macbook for two grand.

Wah, wah, wah...

Draft saved Draft deleted