1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barkley arrested on DUI suspicion

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OnTheRiver, Dec 31, 2008.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I guess this is a blow to his political ambitions.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

In Alabama? puhleeze. At least he was looking for a Slurpee from a woman, unlike a certain official from the state who is currently in the sports pages.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm amazed nobody ever consolidates rumors and claims they saw King and Crist splitting a motel room in Dothan.

4. goneup

goneup Member

He is not a role model.

OK, he's a dumbass (see here:
    ) and what he did was extremely dangerous to other people, but I love the guy. I went looking for memorable quotes from the Round Mound of Rebound and found tons. Here's one of my favorites: "I had to explain to my daughter why that skank Monica Lewinski has an hour special on HBO this weekend."

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

You know who gives great oral? Kim Jong Il, that's who.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yeah, there goes another one of the best and brightest who will try to redeem this society.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

When Barkley was arrested and denied his hummer, did Kenny Smith show up at the scene with a "Gone Fishin'" sign?

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Of course Bill Clinton doesn't understand why anybody would make a big deal about a hummer.

9. heyabbott

on an unrelated note, LeBron called his Mom to thank her

10. heyabbott

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/03/sports/basketball/03araton.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=araton%20barkley&st=cse

Harvey Araton calls out Barkley for the fat dufus he really is. Can't wait for Wilbon to defend his assclown buddy.

11. Zing! I owe you a beer.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Leave of absence for Barkley:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/01/barkley_to_take_leave_of_absen.html

Draft saved Draft deleted