1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barkley arrested on DUI suspicion

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OnTheRiver, Dec 31, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Not too mention redicurus.

2. You have to consider the circumstances. This is a black man, driving in Arizona (read: RACIAL PROFILING).

Cops lie all the time; once, Barkley was arrested for weapons possession when he was with the Sixers. The New Jersey (read: RACIAL PROFILING) State Trooper who was on the stand said that he rolled back the passenger seat with the under-seat adjustment bar where there was a gun in plain sight.

Just one problem. His car's passenger seat doesn't have that kind of adjustment bar.

Bet you the blood test comes out negative.

Justice prevails.

Damn.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Interesting detail in the NY Post. Hanging with Urkell! Out to get a hummer!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12312008/news/nationalnews/barkley_arrested__accused_of_dui_146673.htm

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Moddy, hanging with Urkel wasn't even close to the most interesting detail.
    Straight up and in the lede.
    Fantastic.

5. To me, that is a justifyable excuse .. for running a stop sign, not drunk driving.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Hey, Chuck knows what 20 percent is.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This is just bizarre ... even for Barkley.

" ... But not before trying to wiggle out of it, telling a civilian police employee, 'I'll tattoo your name on my ass' if the employee would help him avoid the DUI rap."

I know he was drunk, but is that supposed to be enticing to the cop? I mean, that's weird to say even if you are drunk.

And I'm sure Barkley's ass is so big by now that getting your name tattooed on it is akin to putting your business card on the wall at the Old Absinthe House in New Orleans. It would disappear in the great void.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Dude,

Chaz should have done what I did tonight, leave the car at the bar and get a ride.

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does offering to get a name tattooed on your ass constitute a bribe?

11. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I noticed the cop didn't disagree with how hot the the blower was.

Draft saved Draft deleted