1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baring his soul (and everything else) for the Lions UPDATED

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Sep 6, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: Baring his soul (and everything else) for the Lions

And it gets better...

Detroit Lions assistant coach Joe Cullen’s nakedness behind the wheel was first reported by a burger joint drive-thru worker, who called police after a nude man in an SUV pulled up to his window.

The worker, who took down Cullen’s license plate number, told Dearborn officers after the late-night incident on Aug. 24 “the suspect did nothing obscene, other than being naked at the drive-thru.”

Police reports obtained by the Free Press on Thursday say nothing about Cullen drinking alcohol, or being inebriated in any way – as Lions officials claimed Wednesday when the Free Press first inquired about Cullen’s arrest.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060907/NEWS99/60907026

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Still no word on Cullen's, and Millen's, contracts being immediately terminated. Business as usual.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

In this case, wouldn't it be a case of "pubic" embare-ass-ment?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

UPDATE: He's suspended for the opener..

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Sadly enough, if this had happened in Minnesota, the coach probably would have been fired. I say sadly, because how is that the Vikings become the pillar of ethics in the nfl?

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Give me a S!
    Give me a M!
    Give me a...

7. lono

lono Active Member

Sheesh, a man can't go to the drive-thru naked in his SUV without The Man bringing him down.

What's happening to America? LOL

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why couldn't Duke's women's lacrosse coach do this?

9. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Regarding Cullen and Ole Miss -- if memory serves, Orgeron hired him there in Winter '04-'05 and he was nailed for public intox. a couple of months later at a Subway sandwich shop in Oxford. I believe he was allowed to resign/given the boot well before the '05 season opener against Memphis. He did technically coach there, but never made it to a gameday.

10. busuncle

busuncle Member

I've been told that Cullen is one of the nicer guys in the bidness, if a bit crazy.

He's clearly got some alcohol issues to sort out. He got hired after the Ole Miss episode and yet he still continues to put his career in jeopardy. Millen would be doing him a favor by giving him a year off to work on whatever problems he needs to work on.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Millen would be doing Lions fans a favor by giving himself about the next 50 years off to work on whatever problems HE needs to work on, such as utter unmitigated incompetence.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Millen isn't competent enough to recognize this.

Draft saved Draft deleted