1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barefoot Contessa stubs her toe ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing having to do with this thread, but I don't like bare feet, so I've never wanted to watch the 1950s Barefoot Contessa movie or TV show. Fuck feet.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

This, and is there anyone with a regular TV show that has less personality? If cardboard could cook, it would be the Barefoot Contessa. Give me Giada any day of the week, but I'm diving for the remote when this show comes on.

That said, while the PR approach seems ham-handed, I'm not judging the decision. It's her life.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan would agree.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And that's who I had in mind when I wrote that last post. He probably gets ten times as much requests as this fry cook does. And yet, he's accomodated hundreds of requests anyways.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That makes him admirable in that regard, but I don't think that means that not doing it has to be worthy of derision.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So it's OK to call her names because you don't like her show, but you wouldn't judge her for blowing off a dying child. Twice. OK.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'll judge her for that, sure.

8. RickStain

When did I say it was okay to call her names because I don't like her show?

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I was responding to n_w's response to Double J, not you or him. Do I have to explain EVERYTHING to you guys? :)

10. RickStain

I assume everything is about me as the default.

11. I have no earthly idea who this person is, and I'm cool with that.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Yeah. A a potential member of her viewing audience, I'm not fond of the quality of her work. Whether and how she chooses to contribute to charitable causes is none of my business. Maybe she has a legitimate reason to decline the request. It really is not my place to judge how she lives her life.

Draft saved Draft deleted