1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barbaro

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, May 20, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I feel much less confident after the second interview with the vet where he said say your prayers.   The blood supply thing is crucial.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

At least he's got a shot, which is about all we can ask for right now.

3. Moderator1

A lot of us are - I think the Washington Post ran Ruffian's x-ray the next day.
    They can do much more today than they could then but they can't overcome a blood supply issue if indeed one exists.

BYH, there was talk that druggies had killed Antley in some deal gone bad but I don't think that was ever determined to be fact.  LA Times did a long piece on it not long after he died that shed a lot of light on him and his struggles.  Interesting piece.  Dude could fucking ride.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I just saw the lowlights on ESPNews. Jesus Christ that was awful.

As Fenian said, the horse striding sideways will stick in the memory bank. As will the jockey weeping.

Crap. I hope the horse is OK.

5. Moderator1

They may have addressed this and I missed it - did the early departure have anything to do with this or is this just two very weird things to happen to the same horse? Don't know if he banged a hip on the door getting out the first time, which maybe threw off his stride ****

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wasn't as gross as Kendall or Ventura, but that lower hind leg was definitely bending in a way it shouldn't

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but again: You didn't have to worry about Kendall or Ventura being put down that night.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

i broke my ankle 4 1/2  years ago, had surgery to have a plate attached. it still gives me daily discomfort. if i was a horse, i'd have been put down long ago. :'(

try to avoid tempting punchlines, my friends. 8) 8)

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I wasn't comparing the drama, just the appearance.

And no props for the Outfield?

10. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Gary Stevens said on the telecast from what he say, the prerace thing out of the gate was not a factor in what happened, in his opinion.

11. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

If there are, they are idiots.

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

doesn't seem like the right thread for punchlines.

Draft saved Draft deleted